Thursday 28 March 2019

Urmila matondkar welcomed by rahul gandhi as she joins the indian national congress

Urmila Matondkar welcomed by Rahul Gandhi as she joins the Indian National Congress

The Indian National Congress' newest entrant is the Chamma Chamma girl, Urmila Matondkar in North Mumbai. This announcement comes just weeks before the country's general elections. The Rangeela actor met the INC President, Rahul Gandhi, and a picture from the meeting was tweeted out by the INC's verified Twitter handle. A comment from Urmila Matondkar read, "I am taking my first step in active politics. I am from a family that has shaped my political views based on the ideology of Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Sardar Patel. It is another matter that despite being from an academics-oriented family, I joined films. But I had social awareness right from childhood." If Matondkar does secure a seat in Mumbai North, she will stand opposite BJP's Gopal Shetty in the electorate.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment